Location and Area Information
How to find us
From anywhere in Sydney......drive along the Old Northern Road that meanders through Castle Hill, Dural & Glenorie. Turn left at the Wisemans Ferry Police Station into River Road.
From the Blue Mountains or Western Suburbs......drive through Pitt Town along the Wisemans Ferry Road, turn left @ Old Northern Road. Turn left at the Wisemans Ferry Police Station into River Road.
From the North Coast......down the F3, take the exit to Peats Ridge Road, turn right into Wisemans Ferry Road, through Central Mangrove, Spencer & Gunderman. Cross the Hawkesbury River on the ferry to Wisemans Ferry & turn right into River Road.
Travel approx 3km along the River Road until you reach CARINYA SKI RANCH
The Hawkesbury River is a popular aquatic recreation area extending from its mouth at Broken Bay & meandering it way beyond the historic township of Windsor.
Wisemans Ferry is a small town that services the needs of around 200 locals, where you will find the local bowling club, school, various shops, police station, service station, pharmacy, cafes & restaurants & various styles of accommodation.
The Hawkesbury Valley provides a taste of country on Sydney’s doorstep. Approximately one hours drive north west of Sydney City lies the charming Hawkesbury Valley. The country atmosphere at the historic towns of Windsor, Richmond and St Albans, and the quaint rural settlements of Kurrajong, Bilpin, Lower Portland, Ebenezer, Pitt-Town, Colo & Wisemans Ferry, make up this picturesque area. Visit the numerous antique and craft stalls, or spend time talking with a local artist at one of the boutique galleries. Why not enjoy a walk in the Steps of the Masters in the Artist's Trail?
The western end of the Hawkesbury River forms a peaceful boundary for the Sydney region, winding its way through the valley, dotted with charming hideaways and B&B's for that relaxing weekend away. With over 15 percent of New South Wales fruit and vegetables grown in the area, pick up a copy of The Hawkesbury Farm Gate Trail map and tour the area. Stop and enjoy a wine at an historic Winery, try gourmet goats cheese or visit one of the numerous orchards and pick your own fresh fruit to take home with you.
- Water-ski on the picturesque Hawkesbury River @ Wisemans Ferry
- Stay in a secluded and charming 'Hawkesbury Hideaway' B&B, located in and around historic towns that make up the Hawkesbury Valley
- Canoe the pristine Grose and Colo rivers or explorer the magnificent Wollemi National Park
- Enjoy the beauty of the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area that is located within the Hawkesbury Valley
- Explore the glow worm grottos and the deep canyons of the fabulous Hawkesbury River system with one of the local tour companies
- Enjoy a leisurely boat cruise on the Hawkesbury River from historic Windsor. Abundant in history, the early colonial towns of Windsor, Richmond and St Albans are a must to visit
- Enjoy the family fun of the Hawkesbury Wine, Food and Music Festivals
- Tour the area with the Farm Gate trail guide and sample the Hawkesbury's bountiful array of fresh seasonal produce grown in the area